Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you passionate about leveraging technology and data at scale to innovate, drive better decision making and streamline processes? Amazon seeks an experienced Software Engineer to join the innovative division of our new COVID-19 testing and Amazon’s global clinical laboratories. We are looking to help protect the health and safety of our workforce and people in their communities. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available and getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments. For our part, Amazon has begun the work of building incremental testing capacity.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a new high-impact space at Amazon. If you are passionate about innovating, building, and scaling high impact business models, this is for you. The successful candidate will work closely with our technology, business and operational partners, to build a robust software test with automated testing capability.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Sr SDE should be an expert familiar with full stack web development to design and implement applications to manage data from our expanding labs, derive insights, intelligence and build user friendly dashboards. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing overall architecture and high level design. The individual is expected to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable solutions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the candidate will work very closely with diverse cross functional teams.
- Work closely with senior engineers, UX designers, and product managers to develop friendly UI experiences.
- Develop/maintain operational rigor for the front end of a fast-growing service.
- Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the application life cycle phases to design an integrated, quality solution to address the business requirements
- Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design.
- Ensure completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support system performance, availability and architecture requirements
- Lead architecture design and implementation of next generation BI solution.
- Build and deliver high quality data architecture to support customer reporting needs and data scientists
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor’s or MS Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s degree based on 7 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Experience with modern programming languages (Python, ) and open-source technologies
- Exposure to OLTP systems such as MySQL and proficiency with SQL scripting
- Distributed computing and large-scale systems, taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Exposure to large-scale distributed storage and database systems (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, In memory Databases)
- Hands on experience with services such as CloudFormation, CloudWatch, RDS and EC2
- Delivered software in an environment that utilizes Agile methodologies like SCRUM or Kanban.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation