Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Would you like to help the AWS forecasting team decrease the cost of AWS’ infrastructure by improving the planning process for AWS services?
AWS is made up of a collection of hundreds of individual services, each with its own goals, growth trajectory, and strategies. In addition, every service is built on top of other AWS services, creating a complex web of relationships between services. Decentralization is fantastic for innovation, but often results in inefficient resource usage that does not take advantage of AWS’ scale. The AWS Forecasting team is looking for a Senior Program Manager to improve our centralized efficiency & controllership program for AWS services. This program ensures that services understand their usage of their dependencies and lowers the operating cost for AWS by helping services find opportunities to reduce their costs.
Your specific responsibilities include:
- Deep diving our continuous planning process to find opportunities to save time/improve accuracy
- Helping run the OP1/OP2/3YF planning cycle for AWS (OP Process owner for the SCARF team)
- Driving service teams to leverage their hardware flexibility to improve availability for constrained hardware and to use idle hardware before spending money on new
- Working closely with Product Managers and the Software Development team to ensure they are launching scalable products that enable you and your customers to achieve more without more effort
- Partnering with Business Intelligence Engineers (BIEs) to develop reporting and alarms that increase the scale of your program
The ideal candidate has an understanding of how software engineering teams use hardware, the ability to build trusting relationships with internal customers, excellent project management skills, an ability to influence others, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should also demonstrate a passion for working on behalf of customers and the ability to iteratively build a program from the ground up.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth – We’re committed to the growth and development of every member of AWS forecasting. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire org through participation in: the annual planning process, goal ownership, and on-going team process improvements. Over time, your role and scope of influence will likely grow as we scale our team to meet business needs.
Work/Life balance – After Covid-19 restrictions end, our team will be co-located in: the Seattle and Bellevue offices, with the ability to occasionally work from home . This position does not require sev1/sev2 support. Our team does not have a sustained “peak” period of higher than normal workloads (e.g. prime-day, Re:invent, or Q4 prep).
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- BS or MS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in an IT-related field.
- 4 + years of project/program management experience with a proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage project/task prioritization, procurement, project planning and schedule development.
- Proven success of influencing and developing productive working relationships with resources and internal or external customers.
- MBA, equivalent masters degree, or 6+ years of project/program management
- Experience with advanced data analysis programming (i.e. SQL, R…)
- Proven exceptional oral and written communication skills engaging all leadership levels
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.