Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to re-invent how 10s of millions of people enjoy shows and movies on their TVs and Tablets?
EDS (Entertainment Devices and Services) includes Amazon Fire TV, the #1 streaming media player with over 50MM monthly active users, and Fire Tablet. Our EDS Advertising mission is to make watching content they love effortless and fun for customers to enjoy all of their entertainment so it becomes part of their daily habit for relaxing, being entertained, and spending time with family and friends.
Key job responsibilities
Your opportunities with our team will include:
• Build full-stack technology and services that must scale to support millions of users we operate at Amazon scale, designing and deploying software that is enjoyed by millions of customers globally.
• Inventing a delightful experience for our customers that utilizes Android, Alexa technologies, cloud services, frontend and backend technologies.
• Defining and implementing novel customer experiences and product direction through collaboration with Product, UX and other engineering teams.
• Delivering high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
A day in the life
We are looking for an innovative Software Development Engineer II who wants to have outsize impact. As a Software Engineer on this team, you will define and build innovative consumer product experiences with a direct impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of flagship products that customers love and use every day. You’ll be part of a triple digit growth opportunity working with talented engineers to build delightful user experiences and full-stack technology and services (including customer experience) that must scale to support millions of users. The ideal candidate will have industry-leading programming skills, a deep understanding computer science fundamentals, and be conversant up the software stack.
About the team
The EDS Advertising team combines advertising and mobile technologies, smart TVs and Alexa to help our customers discover and engage with content and help Amazon to lower the prices. We operate at Amazon scale, designing and deploying software that is enjoyed by over 40MM active users globally. We solve significant customer problems in the consumer electronics space through devices, mobile applications, and machine learning.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 2+ years of experience building applications on Android or iOS.
- Experience in embedded C/C++ programming, Java or Python.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Strong coding, algorithm, and debugging fundamentals. • Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining a high volume distributed system.
- Experience with search technology, such as elastic search.
- Experience developing on cloud based infrastructure.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Passion for digital entertainment, including TV and Movies.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.