Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music India, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in audio streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless audio experiences. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, podcasters while also having access to their favorite established musicians and audio content. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
To help us fulfil our mission, we are looking for an experienced customer-obsessed marketer to drive a key priority for the business which is to accelerate the growth and adoption of Amazon Music in India by customers. If you want to operate at start up speed, solve some of the hardest problems and help build a service that customers love, Amazon Music might just be the place for you.
This is a high visibility role that requires you to think big, challenge legacy decisions, insist on the highest standards from partner teams and foster a culture of agile experimentation and business maturity to drive the acquisition and retention goals for Amazon Music India
Amazon Music is looking for a result-oriented, creative, and digitally savvy marketer to lead the marketing function in India. The Head of Marketing leader will be responsible for all customer acquisition, engagement and lifecycle marketing efforts for Amazon Music across service offerings. Reporting to the Amazon Music India’s Business head, the person in this role will lead a team of high-performance marketers to accelerate customer acquisition, adoption and engagement programs across marketing channels, regions, and customer segments. The person in this role will be a highly analytical and result-oriented leader scaling growth initiatives by working across Amazon Music teams, influencing and leading partners and the marketing team to think big and deliver on project roadmaps across paid and owned channels. A successful candidate for this role will have experience in acquisition, engagement marketing ranging across search, email marketing, mobile marketing, display advertising, performance social media, associates and conversion optimization. The candidate should have experience leading and developing high-performing teams, an independent, creative problem-solver with great business acumen and analytical skills, with the ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously, while managing competing deadlines. The right candidate would be a seasoned marketer with a proven track record of driving adoption of products/services at scale. Amazon Music has grown exponentially in India so far and the person in this role will be expected to accelerate growth even more.
This person will be passionately customer-centric and have a deep portfolio that demonstrates a track record of bringing strategic thinking and focus to marketing, advertising, and customer acquisition objectives. We are seeking someone who will empathetically obsess over our customer and their journey to discover more of Amazon Music and it improves their daily lives.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Owner of customer acquisition and engagement goals for the business
• Build long-term strategies for customer acquisition and lead the team in execution over the short/medium term
• Guide the team towards constant optimization of customer acquisition and engagement
• Lead exploration of emerging media channels to grow the business
• Own on-site acquisition optimization efforts and work closely with product and engagement teams to make it easy for customers to join discover Amazon Music
• Drive robust and detailed measurement and reporting processes
• Mentor and develop a team of high-performing marketers
• Deliver customer acquisition outcomes within financial objectives through annual budget preparation and ongoing forecasting and monitoring results
• Plan and lead implementation of promotions and other value-perception drivers to trigger customer adoption
• Work closely with Marketing Analytics and Business Intelligence teams to identify and convert data analysis into actionable insights for customer acquisition
• Work closely with teams across Amazon Music and other Prime teams both locally and globally to scale acquisition programs via automation
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• Experience guiding creative input, development and execution from concept to completion
• Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal with stakeholders
• 7+ years of marketing experience
• Experience managing teams
• Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
• 15+ years of marketing experience in a consumer-business
• Proven track record driving scale adoption of consumer-facing products/services
• Proficiency with analytics, performance monitoring, advertising deployment and attribution tools and ability to do deep data analysis to develop recommendations
• Demonstrated experience in managing large-scale complex projects with multiple stakeholders with high attention to detail
• Should have managed large-scale budgets to deploy across media on both performance and brand marketing outcomes
• Strong leader having managed high-performance teams and collaborating with cross functional teams
• Demonstrated ability to turn complex data and insights into easily understood data stories
• Highly effective written skills honed to develop thoughtful, strategic and detailed narratives to drive Org. thinking on key customer acquisition topics
• Thriving in Amazon’s Day 1 culture requires a growth mindset, exceptional communication skills, and an innate ability to deal with ambiguity
• A Masters degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field is preferred.