Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Consumer Electronics (CE) is one of the largest businesses at Amazon. We are a fast-growing, dynamic, high-impact, and fun category that includes Smartphones, TVs, Personal Computing, Cameras, Headphones, Home Audio, and more. Our marketplace is changing rapidly. It is still Day 1 here!
This role is in the Consumer Electronics Technology (CE Tech) team, which is a Customer Experience (CX) innovation team responsible for improving the end-to-end experience for customers shopping for consumer electronics on Amazon. We are looking for a highly motivated, results-oriented, and experienced Senior Product Manager – Technical (PMT) to lead a visible and impactful program area that is essential to the growth of the CE business. You will be part of a dynamic team of product managers that is revolutionizing the shopping experience on our website and the app for our customers.
Specifically, this Senior PMT will be responsible for owning a large product portfolio to improve the Search experience for customers searching on Amazon for CE products like Laptops, Smartphones, TVs, etc. The opportunity to deliver CX and technology innovation and have large-scale impact is large. You will have a dedicated engineering team to support your vision, as well as a UX design team and an ML/Applied Science team to bring your vision to life. You will also collaborate with the Amazon Search team, including other product managers, applied scientists, and software development managers, with VP-level visibility. You will also partner with retail category teams to deliver a best-in-class CX and deliver business growth for Amazon.
This is a highly visible role that requires strong thought leadership and the ability to think big, innovate, and experiment with new ideas. The role involves influencing senior leadership with long-range planning and writing PRFAQs (i.e., Amazon’s approach for developing new ideas), as well as rolling up sleeves to dive into execution details and coming up with experimentation strategies. You will be expected to flex both analytical skills and creative muscles as data is leveraged daily to inform and measure business impacts.
Our environment is fast-paced. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, endlessly curious, detail-oriented and highly organized, capable of dealing with ambiguity and scoping new areas, and comfortable working with cross functional teams and leadership. Strong communication skills (both oral and written) are critical.
• Own product strategy & execution for CE shopping experience in Amazon search with global impact.
• Partner with Engineering, User Experience design teams, applied science / ML teams, Search, Personalization, category business teams, and others to align on a vision and execute on it.
• Author PRFAQs and vision documents to communicate the vision for new ideas
• Write product requirements / user stories and iterate with help from key stakeholders
• Own a product roadmap and make trade-off decisions as needed, based on shopping data, customer feedback, user research, and business inputs.
• Develop and own key performance metrics for your initiatives and conduct deep dives as needed to diagnose anomalies, cannibalization issues, etc.
• Work closely with category leadership on business strategy to drive best-in-class CX and maximize unit and sales growth through timely analysis and action.
• Develop an understanding of relevant CE business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments.
What stands out about product management in CE Tech:
• You will work with a dedicated tech team, so you can hit the ground running
• Although your focus will be on Consumer Electronics, you get to expand successful website features across Amazon, so the impact of your work can be as large as you make it
• You own the product roadmap and you set the vision that is appealing to customers and to our business
• Idea generation is bottoms-up, and you get to propose new ideas and bring them to life
• You will be at the intersection of technology and business, so you get to leverage your understanding of business and customer needs to influence product, engineering, UX design, and applied science teams within CE Tech and across Amazon.
If you are looking to ship features on our website/mobile app used by millions of Amazon customers worldwide, while having fun at the same time, this role is for you!
- BA/BS required.
- 5+ years of product management or consulting.
- Experience managing relationships with stakeholders and vendors/partners.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior business leaders, and partner business/tech teams.
- Experience in defining or collaborating on the design of customer-facing products/promotions.
- Seasoned Product Manager with strong PM foundational skills – managed complex product roadmaps and prioritization efforts across multiple ambiguous & high-visibility initiatives.
- MBA or advanced technical degree
- Experience in an online, retail, e-commerce or consulting environment
- 8+ years of product management experience developing software-based products and experiences
- Possess deep industry understanding and be conversant with online technologies
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy and leading product teams in meeting the demands of a rapidly growing business
- Have delivered results with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.