Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to help drive development and opportunities between AWS consulting partners and AWS Professional Services (ProServe).
AWS Partner Business Development Managers are responsible for driving joint go-to-market with APN partners and ProServe in specific technology areas , industries and geographies to delight our joint customers. To accelerate the top, strategic consulting partners in the worldwide consulting partner community, we are looking for a motivated person with experience driving consulting partner solution package, go-to-market and large deal execution. The solutions will focus on cloud-based solutions that can leverage new and existing AWS Services. In this role, you will work across the AWS organization to deliver results with high quality consulting partners.
This person can be located in any Metro City on the United States.
Key job responsibilities
You will be expected to:
- Create and govern programs and strategy to be executed locally in all global geographies by a virtual, dotted line team of business development managers in Japan, Canada, Latin America, Europe, the U.S. and Asia Pacific.
- Develop, lead and manage joint agreements, differentiated solution development and account based planning with AWS partnerships.
- Work with cross functional teams to create and execute on strategic go-to-market plans, inclusive of account based plans, solution development, and marketing, to execute achievement against partner goals
- Drive partner originated consulting services pipeline creation and progression through regular opportunity registration and business reviews with partners to manage progress against business plan and core KPIs.
- Evangelize a partner’s value proposition internally throughout AWS and externally with customers
- Drive joint Partner & AWS ProServe solutions and go-to-market strategies for differentiation and expanding their footprint
A day in the life
On a day-to-day basis your customer will be the top AWS consulting partners in each worldwide geography. Internal stakeholders will include the global AWS Professional Services team in geographies and the partner development and solution architecture teams for the partners you support. External stakeholders will include the dedicated AWS teams and executive sponsors from your partners. You will be creating and governing programs to deliver proactive business development, plans and execution to take to market joint differentiated solutions, unsolicited proposals and targeted account planning to create net-new opportunities for joint AWS ProServe large, transformational projects with customers.
About the team
The Worldwide Systems Integrator (WW SI) Strategic Initiatives (SI) Team was newly created at the start of 2022. The mission of this team is to create and govern globally targeted and strategic initiatives execution regionally by partner development teams in geography with consulting partners all over the world.
- 7+ years in partner sales and/or alliance/business development in the software/technology industry
- Experience engaging and influencing senior executives and strong familiarity with decision making processes in enterprise customers
- Demonstrated experience working and communicating with dotted line or direct reports, multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams including direct and channel marketing, solution architect teams, product management and account management teams
- Experience working with partners through account management, product management, program management and business development engagements
- Verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally to meet with customers, partners, and to AWS events
- Live in, near, or willing to relocate to the U.S.
- 7+ years in management for a global technology company, e.g. Cisco, Oracle
- Direct experience working with AWS consulting and/or technology partners or you have been an employee at a large AWS partner
- Developed and operated five or more global partner programs
- Advanced understanding of AWS, cloud architecture and infrastructure
- Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
- Organizational skills and attention-to-detail with the ability to set clear priorities in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Inquisitive; will always ask questions to see the “big picture” or get a handle on the details
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Live in, near, or willing to relocate to preferred office locations: Seattle, Boston, New York or Washington D.C.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.