Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
• AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Custom Billing Solutions (CBS) is looking for a Custom Billing Analyst within the Operations team to support monthly operations of pricing and billing programs. The team member will partner with upstream and downstream stakeholders to ensure that customers are receiving the best billing experience. An effective candidate will be a creative problem solver, be comfortable with data, and have a desire to innovate. The analyst will support building out of new tools and processes to enhance the timeliness and accuracy of the monthly billing cycle in addition to playing a key role in executing it on a monthly basis.
• Support monthly billing processes between multiple external and internal AWS teams by managing discounting data throughout billing cycles
• Proactively identify and implement creative operational improvements, enhancements, and system customizations to meet a variety of challenges
• Work with stakeholders to identify, manage and solve problems for our customers
• Be comfortable working with data
• 2+ years of relevant professional experience – Skills in Excel – Verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams – Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, accounting, or a related field
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL – Accounting experience with accruals and receivables – Experience with financial contracts and comfortable with contractual language – Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills – Ability to communicate effectively across all functions and levels of the organization – Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects – Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills – Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.