Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Employer: Amazon Web Services, Inc., an Amazon.com Company
Position: Cloud Support Engineer II (DBA, ANA, BD), (multiple positions available)
Location: Dallas, TX
Provide advanced remote technical support to customers by responding to difficult technical inquiries related to large and production critical issues to propose solutions to and/or resolve root causes of cloud network and/or system issues. Lead and oversee documenting all varieties of corner case scenarios and troubleshooting of workflows in AWS internal knowledge databases, and create tutorials, how-to videos and other technical materials for the AWS customer community. Navigate and configure complex Linux/Windows systems and troubleshoot difficult issues. Apply advanced knowledge of information science and technology to perform difficult network troubleshooting of Amazon services using tools and technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing, switching, LAN/WAN, traceroute commands, iPerf, dig commands, and/or cURL. Execute migrations of existing on-premise environments to AWS Cloud, grow clients’ existing cloud architecture by onboarding them onto new AWS services and provide maintenance support by providing complex technical assistance. Analyzing product and reports on support performance metrics to measure support success, service performance and drive customer facing platform improvements. Acts as a liaison between service development team and support engineering team, communicating customer feedback through tech sync meetings for product and service improvement. Participate in bug bash events to identify straightforward bugs and improve documentation to support overall customer experience. Execute customer code assessments and support customers in code development to deploy customer applications on the AWS cloud.
Bachelors degree or foreign equivalent degree in Networking, Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field. Three years of experience in the position offered or a position in a related occupation. Three years of experience must include:
(1) Performing Linux and/or Windows Systems administration;
(2) Performing Network administration, including two of the following: (a) DNS, (b) DHCP, (c) TCP/IP, (d) Load Balancing, (e) HTTP (f) NAT (g) BGP, and/or (h) software-based (IPSEC & SSL) VPN solutions.
Three years of experience must also include at least one of the following:
(1) Working with one of the following database administration technologies: (a) MySQL, (b) Oracle, (c) PostgreSQL, and/or (d) MS-SQL;
(2) Working with one of the following NoSQL technologies: (a) DynamoDB, (b) Redis, (c) MongoDB, and/or (d) Cassandra;
(3) Working with ETL tools in managing data workflow jobs;
(4) Performing Hadoop system administration with experience with one of the following: (a) Hive, (b) Spark, (c) HDFS, (d) Presto, (e) Yarn, (f) Sqoop, (g) Python, and/or (h) shell scripting.
In lieu of a Bachelors degree and three years of experience, as stated above, will accept a Masters degree or foreign equivalent and one year of experience.
Type: Full-time #0000
Please see Basic Qualifications (Position Requirements) above.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.