Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon talent operations is in on path to deliver millions of customer centric operators. Do you want to help us do that efficiently? Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. Our Program Managers work with multiple business partners, they help others understand financial decisions and are the trusted business advisor. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Key job responsibilities
- Partner with Talent Acquisition (TA) field leaders on capacity planning mechanism
- Design and implement the capacity planning workflow
- Leverage the capacity planning mechanism for planning and reporting
- Create deep dives and insightful reporting into headcount costs across various TA functions
- Lead cross functional efforts to optimize and automate planning process
- Develop and communicate standard budget collection, consolidation and submission process
- Support mechanisms for headcount management across functional teams
- A bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years program management experience working with large cross-functional teams
- 5+ years Experience in Operations, Recruiting, or Business Planning
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to think clearly, prioritize, and problem-solve scope of requirements
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in SQL & Tableau is desired
- Proven ability to liaise and collaborate with internal and external customers to drive results
- Past experience of end to end process management
- Proven ability to influence others with analytical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of management, written and verbal communication
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $115,600-160,000/yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Regular and Reduced Time (F, R) jobs based in New York City and the surrounding vicinity (including the 5 boroughs – Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island) or US virtual jobs that could be performed in New York City
The pay range for this position in New York City is $127,200 – 185,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.