Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be part of a full-stack team that includes iOS, Android, Web, and API developers. Our core goal is to make cross device development faster and higher quality. You will be a key part of the team for doing cross platform development.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Audio Experiences group owns the core domains for Audible’s Player and Library. Audible customers spend most of their time with Audible in either the Library or Player components of our application across FireOS, Android, iOS, and Web. We are embarking on a mission to reshape the fundamental experiences, delight our customers, and reshape how development is done across all surfaces and devices within Audible. It’s our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening Continuous Deployment across surfaces; new technologies like CarPlay, Watch, HomeKit, Common Encryption Standard media, and adaptive live streaming; as well as driving a strong engineering culture with processes like Chaos Engineering and A/B Testing.
As a Senior iOS Engineer, you will…
• Own and be responsible for key components within the team.
• Design, develop, implement and support Key Components using latest technology that will influence teams beyond Audible.
• Work with Product Management and take the lead to help create, design and develop software that involves exploring and bringing out latest technology on the platform to make the listening experience better and easier for our users.
• Take every opportunity make a large impact on the design, architecture and implementation of cutting edge mobile based products.
• Provide technical direction and strategy to the team, drive the system architecture, spearhead the best practices and influence peer teams with brown-bag sessions and hackathons.
• Stay up to date on the latest trends & technologies industry-wide and sharing that knowledge with the internal community.
• Be committed to team work, hustle and strong communication skills (both to business and technical peers).
• Thrive in delivering high quality technology mobile products in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
• Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond.
• Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
• 4+ years of experience in Objective-C or Swift.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience.
• Experience in documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment.
• Experience in Agile development.
• Data-oriented skills with knowledge of Core Data and database design.
• Working knowledge of dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development.
• Demonstrated experience in problem-solving with experience in ambiguous situations.
• Recent experience building enterprise-scale mobile applications.
• Experience building mobile UI with UIKit, especially Auto. Layout and related SDKs, including use of storyboard and animations.
• Background in synchronizing information across devices with support for offline transactions.
• Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment or Chaos Engineering.
• Experience with Swift, bridging headers etc.
• Solid Coding practices including good design, unit testing, peer code reviews and a preference for agile methods.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, source code management & build processes.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.