Sr Human Resources Leader , WWPS HR Team
- Database Engineering Manager, Amazon Games - LiveOps Infrastructure - Arlington, VA
- Vendor Manager, Amazon Fresh Grocery (Austin, Boston, Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, Arlington, VA) - Arlington, VA
- Zone Lead - Arlington, VA (Full Time), Amazon Fresh Stores - Arlington, VA
- Principal, Incentive Compensation, Go to Market Operations, Amazon Business - Arlington, VA
- Site Protection Manager (Amazon) - Arlington, VA
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. We are looking for an inclusive, dynamic, savvy self-starter to join our HR team as a Global HR Leader supporting teams within the World Wide Public Sector (WWPS) organization.
The role can be based out of our Arlington, VA, Herndon, VA, Seattle WA, Cupertino, CA, Boston, MA, Dallas, TX, Nashville, TN, or New York City, NY corporate office. This Sr. HR Leader reports into the AWS World Wide Public Sector HR organization.
This person will be the Sr. HR leader supporting several organizations across the public sector organization, responsible for the people strategy. This role requires strong leadership and team collaboration across teams, as well as Amazon wide projects and HR initiatives. We are looking for an awesome professional who has the ability to diagnose issues, see patterns of problems as they dive deep and recommend immediate and long term programmatic solutions. They must be able to collaborate across groups, influence all levels of the organization, and roll up their sleeves and engage on a hands on basis. This person must be able to balance competing priorities and conflicting opinions, and facilitate the best decisions for employees and the business in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change.
We are looking for a Human Resource professional who has the ability to diagnose issues and influence solutions/outcomes. The person in this role must be able to interface effectively across all levels of the organization. You will need business acumen, excellent communication skills, influence skills, strategic thinking and planning/project management skills, as well as the ability to thrive in a fast paced, rigorous environment.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Partner with senior stakeholders (Directors) to develop the talent strategy needed to support our tremendous growth, and build a work environment where employees can thrive and grow.
- Working together with central HR teams, as well as matrixed site and international HR colleagues, you’ll also keep the right focus on assessing the HR needs in areas such as performance management, workforce planning, talent acquisition, career development, diversity and compensation/rewards.
- Function as a consultant to key stakeholders and their respective organizations; engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into HR plans.
- Partner with the business on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment and development.
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements.
- Partner with the business to head our Organization and Leadership Review, which focuses on succession planning, talent development and organizational health priorities.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Work with line managers and employees to address various employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Partner with the AWS talent acquisition team to build systemic and scalable recruiting programs to create a sustainable pipeline of talent.
Able to travel domestically and internationally, as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in a HR leadership, preferably in a high tech environment
- 5+ years Experience working with global teams, and driving organizational change initiatives and developing talent management plans for a global organization
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or MBA
- Global HR experience
- Proven ability to diagnose issues, drawing on both professional experience and strategic thinking skills, and drive appropriate solutions with self-initiative
- Strong business acumen and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies
- Excellent knowledge of employment laws such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment
- Strong analytical skills, including the understanding of metrics to support plans and monitor performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication; high quality document preparation and presentation skills; strong facilitation skills
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- Experience in coaching senior leaders and managers, and strong talent assessment skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as an active member of both business and HR teams
- Resilient and able to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with a high level
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.