Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to work hard, have fun and make history? If you do then Amazon could be the right career choice for you. Our logistics teams are changing the way we interact with customers around the globe every single day and solving some of the biggest logistical challenges facing not just Amazon, but also the entire industry.
Amazon’s transportation teams work to ensure the delivery packages globally for customers around the world. Whether its items large or small, we find solutions to make sure we are delivering on our promise for customers.
Amazon Logistics’ team is looking for a Shift Manager to join AMZL Brazil team in our Delivery Station in Vitória – Espírito Santo.
As Shift Manager you’ll have responsibility for the night shift operation in a Delivery Station, providing leadership to Team Leads, Operators and Delivery Service Providers, managing external agency relationships and performance. Your will wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more start-up than big company. The adopted attitude is that no idea is a bad idea and the best ideas are the ones that should be tested and tried. You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast paced, dynamic environment.
If you have a quality focused, customer obsessed industry background which carries with it experience of working in a fast paced, ever changing and ambiguous environment we’d love to hear from you. The role entails:
- Being based in one of our delivery stations, in night shift. Amazon runs a 24/7 operation, therefore working in shifts will form part of this role, including weekends and holidays.
- Overseeing the operation that focuses on the delivery of Amazon orders direct to customers
- Supporting your team of operational leaders in daily management of the delivery station. This will include allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties and communicating with internal and external suppliers.
- Working with KPIs such as On Time Dispatch, First Day Delivery Success and enhancing customer service.
- Thinking analytically about project management with attention to detail, the ability to influence others and exceptional organizational skills.
- Being obsessed by metrics and diving deep to find root causes quickly to drive improvements.
- Finding practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality. Utilizing exceptional problem-solving and communication skills to influence business and technical audiences.
- Providing day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback.
- Mapping business requirements, understanding business process, studying and analyzing workflows and designing solutions.
- Continuously utilize software and hardware tools to ensure normal day to day operations. Ensuring associates have proper tools to perform the job and coordinate repair or replacement when needed.
- Communicate daily metrics and report exceptions to other departments in Operations and throughout Amazon as necessary.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge and experience in direct-to-customer fulfilment operations as well as excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions.
- A forward thinker, with an ability to manage high levels of ambiguity and thrive on change.
- Qualifications in Engineering, Operations, or related fields is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and build partnership relationships with both Experience with performance metrics and process improvement with demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work for different managers: we move managers around to meet business needs and as our business grows and you must adapt to changes in management.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Direct management experience for teams of +15 employees and their performance.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends and holidays.
- MS Office experience required, with advanced level in Excel (vlookup, advanced formulas, pivot tables, macros).
- Fluent in Brazilian Portuguese.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field as well as a MBA
- Ability to influence others without having positional authority
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Experienced on start-up/dynamic environments that dealt with ambiguities
- Advanced writing and reading skills in English.