Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
As Amazon India, we are a fast evolving multi-billion dollar business with a huge potential to grow in a trillion dollar market. As part of The India Consumer Technology (ICT) group, the Category Experience & Expansion (Catex) team’s charter is to take IN business to the next level by building capabilities that can convert millions of offline customers in India into online customers. This tech team plays a pivotal role in Amazon India’s success, with the mission to build tailor-made solutions for each category, by making it easy for customers to buy online. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team that is responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic products for India and then launch them Amazon Worldwide!
The right candidate will possess proven software engineering skills, with experience creating and launching large distributed systems with the help of a team. You are expected to be versatile, able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment and eager to mentor junior engineers. You are comfortable managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, impeccable judgment, and the ability to influence and lead are essential to success in this role. You are data-driven and analytical. You can clearly & effectively communicate (written as well as verbally) across organisation.
- Work closely with senior and principal engineers to architect and deliver high quality technology solutions
- Own development in multiple layers of the stack including distributed workflows hosted in native AWS architecture
- Operational rigor for a rapidly growing tech stack
- Contribute to patents, tech talks and innovation drives
- Assist in the continual hiring and development of technical talent
- Measure success metrics and influence evolution of the tech product
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Sound understanding of putting in place and leading engineering excellence initiatives across team(s) such as design reviews, Bar raising code and COE reviews, CI/CD (e.g. using Hydra, Bones etc), change management etc
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases