Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in Sustainability initiatives? Do you have the industry background, business development experience, technical acumen, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the area? All industries are under pressure to reinvent itself to respond to the rigorous bar of environmental regulation leveraging AI/ML, digital, cloud, mobile, and IoT technologies. AWS is looking for a Business Development leader who understands impactful sustainability trends such as smart building, routing optimization, package minimization, eco-friendly materials & solution, as well as the traditional characteristics of the various industries and is passionate and capable of driving market development across the sector for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions, enable the ecosystem, and address changing needs of customers in diverse industries.
Your responsibilities will include engagement with key customers, cultivation of strategic partners, speech at public events, enablement of related solutions, and creation of significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable the AWS sales teams selling to key accounts to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions related to the sustainability topic, including partner-based solutions etc. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by various customers who are driving sustainability initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a business development or consulting background working with customers in charge of sustainability/environment issues, at the CxO/VP level, with a good understanding of legacy and emerging technologies in the sustainability subject. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, strategic thinking, subject expertise on sustainability across the industries and technology acumen is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical enablement strategy for the sustainability topic.
• Define and size market for sustainability initiatives, develop a GTM strategy & mechanism and execute business development plan aligned with the AWS strategic direction, working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales, marketing, partner, solution architect, corp dev. team, HQ, APJ etc.).
• Create significant new business opportunities working with AWS team by engaging with strategic customers including C-levels and by cultivating partners specializing in sustainability.
• Create the industry specific content including digital transformation trend, AWS customer cases, AWS offering and share them to private/public event to enlighten the customers.
• Lead the field enablement to help internal stakeholders to be equipped with AWS GTM approach & capability on sustainability topic.
• Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the AWS service teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for sustainability.
• Have 15+ years of career including business development experience.
• The right person will be capable of understanding the complexities of IT environments in driving sustainability initiatives.
• Prior experience working for sustainability/environment project is highly desired, either as a consultant, vendor or as an enterprise customer.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills including fluent English speaking as well as Korean.
• Have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including strategic partners.
• Prior experience working as a subject matter expert for sustainability/environmental topics at a technology company, and/or a consulting company.
• Experience in the digital transformation or ESG project.
• MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering, Environmental Engineering Degree.
• Experience in public cloud / software development / data center / infrastructure / networking technologies with ability to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.