Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you have an obsession for creating value and utility for customers and a strong interest in being a part of evolving and inventing shopping experiences on desktop and mobile? Do you have proven analytical, process and project management skills? Do you possess the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you love a “good deal?” At Amazon, we strive to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To sustain that leadership, we want exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
Amazon’s DE Marketplace Team is looking for a motivated Sr Program Manager/Team Lead to manage Promotions business . In this role, which can be located in either our Berlin or our Munich office, you will work directly with teams across Amazon to build a successful promotional site experience by developing strategy and processes for evergreen and key seasonal events (including Prime Day, Black Friday etc.). This role will be responsible for a) developing a vision and strategy for the DE Deals and Promotion business (focused on 3P Selling Partners), b) planning and steering the Deals business on a week to week basis, c) planning and carrying out our special deal events at the highest customer-experience bar, d) managing a team of Deals Operations Specialists and Account Managers (4 direct and 2 dotted reporting lines) who would manage end to end Deals operations and recruitment from our Selling Partners, e) independently managing projects for higher automation of deals and efficient processes, f) doing performance deep dives and identifying untapped business opportunities to close the loop and continuously grow and improve our 3P Deals business.
The ideal candidate will bring a sharp analytical mind, have strong coordination and stakeholder management ability, a great team spirit, and can roll up their sleeves to get things done. The candidate has a customer-centric mindset as well as a strong track record in sales, project management, and/or marketing/promotions.
Key job responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the Marketplace part of the main Amazon.de Deals pages. Ensure that these pages are presented to the highest standards, with the priorities of the customer front-of-mind. Ensure that the relevant departments are represented and that appropriate product selections have been made.
- Developing the Deals marketing plan and define processes for high impact events like Easter Deals Week, Prime Day, Black Friday, Christmas etc.
- Intensively work with a team of DE Account Managers who support us in selecting and recruiting relevant Selling Partners for Deals.
- Manage Deals Specialists and Account Managers (4 direct reports and 2 dot-line reports)
- Regularly manage and oversee the Deals Program daily, peak events, Amazon launches working closely with the EU 3P Deals Managers as well as Retail Deals Manager.
- Partnering with internal marketing teams (Associates, Email, Social Media, Gateway, Search, IMC etc.) to plan, develop, execute and analyze marketing campaigns across online and offline channels.
- Be a co-owner for the Deals product map in DE, working with EU and Global product teams to improve customer experience and build a robust, clutter breaking deals platform.
- Compile, analyze, and present performance metrics and enlighten potential opportunities for program growth.
- Working with worldwide analytics team, local finance teams and marketing business intelligence teams to measure and report the results of your efforts.
- Own DE Promotions business update/review with senior leaders
For this position, we expect..
- Bachelor degree
- 6+ years of marketing/sales/product management experience.
- Track record of planning and project management, with strong cross-team coordination skills.
- Experience in leading teams. You will be managing several colleagues supporting our Deals business on a direct and dotted line basis.
- Must be comfortable operating at different levels in the organization, and across various teams retail, creative, finance, analytics, product and so on.
- Strong data-driven decision making skills, with demonstrated ability to dive deep into customer data and translate insights into opportunities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to articulate ideas and persuade stakeholders, including senior leaders.
- Strong organizational skills; able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and dealing with ambiguity to set the right priorities at the right time.
Further Qualifications would be a plus..
- SQL skills. If you have only basic SQL skills, willingness to learn SQL by doing.
- Demonstrated successes in redesigning business processes for effectivity and efficiency gains.
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.