Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s Legal Department is looking for a talented and motivated Contracts Manager to support Amazon Web Services (AWS) supporting its data center operations teams. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the cloud computing industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, and more. The data center operations teams support the operation of AWS data centers throughout the world. These teams belong to diverse functional areas including business operations, engineering, security, logistics, networking and others.
In this role, you will partner with AWS’ business teams to review, draft, and negotiate service agreements and other commercial contracts. You will also partner with teams across the world to provide day-to-day contracting advice, implement process improvements, and much more. To be successful, you must have excellent communication skills as this position will involve direct contact with principal business owners. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. This role may be based in Arlington, VA or Santa Monica, CA.
At AWS Legal, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing engagement experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) conference and AmazeCon, our conference to discuss gender diversity. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles.
• 5+ years of contracts management, transactional paralegal, or other comparable experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• In-house contracts management experience is a plus
• 3+ years’ experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating the legal terms of a broad range of standard commercial contracts
• Strong analytical and computer skills
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage many simultaneous workstreams, clients, and projects under tight deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Fluency in languages other than English would be beneficial but not required
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.