Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you passionate about privacy? Do you have experience providing regulatory guidance on privacy, writing policies, identifying opportunities to optimize regulatory compliance, or building out governance standards and programs with automated controls and mechanisms? If so, you may be the person we’re seeking to help coordinate privacy compliance for Alexa as a Privacy Compliance Specialist in Amazon’s legal department.
The Privacy Compliance Specialist will work closely with privacy subject matter experts, data security and privacy engineers, product managers, service teams, business leadership, and the legal teams supporting Alexa to enable the right solutions to drive privacy compliance and process improvements across the Alexa organization globally. The right candidate will have a track record of project management and privacy compliance program ownership and driving risk management activities across a large organization. Strong planning and prioritization skills are a must.
Key job responsibilities
- Working with technical and non-technical stakeholders across business teams, engineering teams, and compliance teams and across Amazon legal teams to support a privacy program that addresses both regulatory compliance and engineering needs across the Alexa organization
- Supporting continuous process improvement and simplification efforts benefiting our legal teams and the businesses we support, including developing and publishing privacy guidelines, compliance standards, best practices, checklists, and self-service resources for the legal team and business partners
- Working with subject matter experts to define key performance indicators and drive continuous reporting and metrics across the Alexa organization to inform stakeholders and management of key privacy and compliance trends
- Defining project plans, milestones and success criteria, managing implementation activities, and developing processes, documentation and communications for project and process roll outs
- Developing and delivering privacy trainings for legal team members and business partners
- Coordinating privacy compliance audits and working with audited teams to timely address audit findings
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience implementing and managing privacy compliance programs
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver projects on tight deadlines
- Familiarity with GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy regulations
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment in ambiguous situations, and effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects at once.
- Relevant Privacy or Security certifications (CIPP, CRISC, CISSP, CISM)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.