Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you a driven Software Development Engineer who wants to have a direct impact on customers and the team? Do you enjoy building flexible, performant and extensible solutions for complex financial and risk problems? As a Software Development Engineer on Amazon Lending, you will lead designing and building systems to support our financial products. In this role you will work closely with a talented team of software engineers, product managers, and UX designers to build financial products. You will accelerate Lending team’s expansion by scaling systems to handle increasing workloads. You will simplify the complexities of partner onboarding, product management and risk assessment through analysis and system design.
Amazon Lending is passionate about helping third party sellers on Amazon grow their business. Since inception, we have provided access to capital for small and medium sized businesses.
We are a fast-paced development team, using agile methodologies and SOA design patterns. We encourage innovation and expect engineers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle. We minimize the bureaucracy and focus on giving developers time to develop. Alongside of building new products and services, we are constantly looking to enhance our existing systems by improving performance and refactoring for reuse. There are numerous opportunities to design scalable architectures.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Five years of progressively responsible work experience
- Experience in building large scale distributed systems
- Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems
- Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
- Understanding of relational and non-relational data modeling
- Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with devops and continuous deployment
- Familiarity with scripting languages – Unix Shell / Perl / Python
Note: 1. By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences. 2. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.