- Software Development Engineer, Amazon Luxury Stores - San Diego, CA
- Software Development Engineer II, Amazon Global Communities - San Diego, CA
- Frontend Engineer II (L5), Amazon Fashion - San Diego, CA
- Software Development Engineer, Amazon Chime - San Diego, CA
- Software Development Manager, Amazon Games Quality Assurance - San Diego, CA
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
About the team Preserving Trust in Amazon with every customer, every account, every second is our mission. Amazon.com’s Buyer Risk Prevention (or BRP) protects the Amazon bottom line by preventing the bad actors from entering the front door. We’ve got the latest in machine learning algorithms, statistical modeling techniques and investigation tools but we need your help to keep Amazon.com safe. You’ll be part of a team working to protect Amazon customers from attacks from bad actors and bots.
About the role We’re looking for a software engineer with an interest in outsmarting the bad actors and make Amazon a safe place for customers. One of our interesting engineering challenges is identifying the bad actors without impacting customer experience. We use the most recent advances in machine learning to make real-time decisions to eliminate all types of malicious activity at Amazon scale. You will work with other engineering teams at Amazon to develop novel solutions to to develop and strengthen customer trust.
About the candidate The ideal candidate for our team is passionate about building creative solutions to outsmart bad actors. You have technical curiosity, drive for results, and resilience in the adversarial fight to keep our customers safe.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• • 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Strong fundamentals in core Computer Science areas like Object Oriented Design, Data Structures and Algorithms.
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Understanding of CI/CD and Agile software engineering practices
• Experience in communicating (written and verbal) with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Experience with Identity Platform, Robot Detection
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java/ Python preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience mentoring other software engineers
• Graduate degree a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.