Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Prime is world’s most recognized membership program and is one of the most critical aspects of Amazon business overall. The Prime Technology team has been engaged in evolving the technology services for geographic expansion as well as building new core services in line with the new program launches. The team has a great set of complex unsolved technical & business problems on the roadmap. The solution for these need to be designed & developed considering use cases across various membership programs in Amazon and not limited to only Prime programs.
Key expectations from the role:
1. Quickly ramp up on the new solutions prioritized in current roadmap and contribute to the design & implementation of the same.
2. Proactively liaise with both business teams and other technical teams and to mentor junior engineers in the team.
3. Optimization of the existing technology stack for scalability and transformation to common infrastructure to support multiple membership programs.
4. Actively work with team to improve on operational excellence, quality of deliverable and improve on continuous deployment.
The massive scale (and continuously increasing) of Amazon Prime membership provides every technologist exposure to design & architecture of highly distributed and scalable systems and scope to further innovate. The role will also allow for opportunities to grow into next level of technical leadership and thereby play a much bigger role in designing innovative solutions impacting larger aspects of Prime and overall Amazon business. Come and join the team which enables world’s largest membership program!
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Large scale distributed system design and development
Expertise in applying various architectural patterns
Hands-on experience of Service Oriented Architecture design
Experience in modern development methodologies like Agile (Scrum), TDD, BDD etc.
MUST have design experience in at least enterprise wide solutions
Experience in implementing best development practices and enabling continuous deployment.
Proven ability to mentor junior team members technically.
Experience working with consumer Internet domain
Exposure to Customer centric solutions for B2C businesses