Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
- Opportunity to work on multi-modal experiences that spans across distinct surfaces, such as Fire TV, Tablet and other emerging devices
- Work closely with Product partners and influence its strategy and roadmap
Key job responsibilities
The Appstore and Cross Screen Technology team is seeking a passionate, mobile-savvy designer interested in creating new products and experiences from concept to market. This is a unique opportunity to pioneer new strategic initiatives across Amazon devices such as Fire TV, Fire Tablet, retail web, and other next gen Amazon devices. We are looking for someone who has extensive experience with design strategy, emerging technology, lean UX and a honed visual aesthetic.
You’ll partner with Amazon stakeholders and the extended Appstore product team to decide what many of our next gen products and services will look and behave like on the Amazon first party device ecosystem. As an influential design lead on the product team, you will inform our design activities via in depth user research, partner out-reach, and iterative implementation and analysis. You will identify opportunities, problem solve, and create engaging experiences for millions of customers worldwide.
Responsibilities: – Contribute and lead design of new and engaging customer experiences in a dynamic and fast paced team environment
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Use business requirements and market research to assist in developing use cases, high-level requirements
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on-device software applications
- Art design the visual aesthetic of the mobile, device and web experiences
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, detailed user-interface specifications, and prototypes
- Present design work to the product team, user experience team, and other Appstore executives for review and feedback
A day in the life
You will design world-class experiences that people desire and use every day across multiple surfaces, owning the process from the early-stage concepts all the way through delivery and success measurement. Working closely with marketing managers, product managers and UX designers, you will perform experiments and shape our product strategy in a rapidly evolving environment by conducting usability studies and collecting insights to drive the best brand experience.
In this role, you will work with the rest of the team who are dedicated to various key areas of our business, and help bringing the experience to another level.
About the team
We are a young, passionate, multicultural and multilingual team working in cross-screen domain enable third party apps and its related services on FireTV, Tablet and emerging devices. Our team’s mission is to, entertain and delight hundreds of millions of people across devices with a vast selection of relevant apps, games, and services by making it trivially easy for developers to deliver.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 5+ years professional experience a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered mobile design solutions
- Experience with a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote, Visio, OmniGraffle, Sketch and InVision
- Experience prototyping user interactions and experiences
- Ability to collect, synthesize and react to feedback from the team leads, product leads and engineering leads
- Experience designing user interfaces on mobile devices
- Experience developing a design language and system that uses visuals, motion and sound in concert
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.