Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Amazon Middle East and North Africa team is looking for a Software Development Engineer who is passionate about building great products for our customers. The SDE-I will be based in Amman, Jordan and must have Software engineering experience involving solving tech problems. They will:
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
- Write high quality distributed system software
- Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
- Experience with multiple programming languages such as Java, J2EE, Python , TS, JS, and .NET
- 1+ years industry experience in designing software architecture and operating scalable software systems
- Oral and written communication skills (ability to produce runbooks, technical, and non-technical documentation)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with webservices and micro service architecture
- Ability to effectively articulate and drive solutions to technical and business challenges
- Experience working with driving product vision to deliver long term customer and advertiser value
- Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
- Excellent interpersonal communication with strong verbal / written English skills