Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At AWS, security engineers work around the clock to spot threats and protect customers. They use our tools to find patterns hidden in huge volumes of data, then triage issues, and collaborate to resolve them. We help them manage that workflow and improve it, keeping systems safe so the humans using them can stay safe.
We’re looking for a curious UX designer with experience identifying and clarifying user needs and solving them in software experiences, especially for highly-skilled domain experts such as security analysts, financial analysts, data scientists, or developers. We value needs discovery, systems thinking, attention to detail, and passion for simplifying complex workflows into streamlined, delightful experiences.
Seattle or Herndon VA are the ideal because you can meet with users frequently. Other acceptable locations include New York, Boston, Austin TX, Bay area.
Key job responsibilities
1. Identify users’ jobs to be done and the outcomes they want, map their as-is user journeys, and summarize their current pain points. Align teams around those user needs.
2. Create artifacts that establish a vision for improvement, and build design prototypes, collaborating with product managers, engineers, and other designers in the same problem domain.
3. Test prototypes with users, to measure whether UX has improved (e.g. improved task completion rates, reduced time and clicks to complete tasks, increased satisfaction, reduced frustration, reduced incidents of transitional volatility)
About the team
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth. We work with you to craft a career plan and collaborate regularly to help you meet your goals. Whether you want to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we’ll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people are growing together.
We believe striking the right balance between personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage balance between work and personal life.
Inclusive Team Culture
At AWS we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 6+ years of design experience
- An available online portfolio
- 6+ years of experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- 6+ years of experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
- Online portfolio should show samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes) and their results/impact
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Experience identifying customer jobs, underserved outcomes, and user journeys, across multiple products
- A portfolio of artifacts that show vision, influence, and alignment across stakeholders to improve user journeys, with measurable improvements
- Experience designing software user experiences focused on knowledge workers (such as security analysts, financial analysts, data scientists, or developers)
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional experience in Design or Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.