Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Prime Video brings together the world’s best creators with the most passionate communities in a way that no other entertainment brand can. Not only are we a one-stop hub for distinctive, critically-acclaimed and award-winning original programming including TV series such as The Boys, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Jack Ryan and movies like Borat Subsequent MovieFilm, Coming 2 America, Cinderella, and The Tomorrow War, but we offer a multi-dimensional experience that allows subscribers to fully immerse themselves in their fandom: to read the book, to listen to the soundtrack, to buy the costume, to replay live sports in real time, and more. And that breadth and connection to the Amazon family of brands, along with the support of a passionate and diverse global team, makes Prime Video a company where creators and makers of all kinds can build their future.
Are you passionate about being a part of a team where your work has meaningful impact on your team members? Do you get excited about operating in a fast-paced, creative, and ambiguous environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to define the culture for the Prime Video Marketing organization?
As the Senior Culture and Communications Manager, you will be responsible for collaborating with all teams across Prime Video Marketing to drive employee engagement, develop communication, and share information to foster a positive culture. You will work with the Executive Leadership Team to drive employee engagement initiatives. You will test and launch culture and engagement initiatives focused on delivering real performance outcomes. You will create innovative and compelling global employee communications from ideation through flawless execution. You will own crafting, delivering, and maintaining engaging content via multiple channels, including virtual events. You will need to have superb writing and editing skills, excel at prioritizing your workload, have strong attention to detail, and be comfortable working under tight deadlines, and develop communications on behalf of the executive team.
The ideal candidate is excited about ambiguity and a “start-up” type environment, passionate about learning, building, enhancing existing systems, and can work seamlessly across multiple stakeholder groups, internally and externally. You’ll be accountable for informing and iterating on plans in a fast paced environment that evolves as the business and community needs grow. You dive deep and like complexity, but drive simple, innovative, scalable solutions to support our operations. You have excellent judgment and high standards. People trust and respect you and they like working with you. You are eager to pioneer new ideas, putting our employees and partners first and challenge current thinking. This position requires the ability to influence across multiple teams and businesses. We are looking for a candidate willing to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done, even if at times the solution and job is not clearly defined.
Key job responsibilities
- Create and deliver engaging and effective communications for multiple channels, including wikis, email, video, print, meetings and events.
- Drive forward the internal communications strategy and plan.
- Develop and implement internal and external communications, tools and processes.
- Support executive communication including driving content creation, design, narrative and data analysis, for key internal & external communications, including team and company all-hands, external appearances, etc.
- Continually seek out ways to improve existing communication channels and processes to help us better reach and engage employees.
- Listen and collect data from the groups we support to build a plan focusing on our biggest engagement challenges.
- Create a consistent focus and voice for internal culture and brand.
- Define and develop SOPs for a Connected Community.
- Create accountability for community engagement through metrics.
- Experiment to quickly understand impact and wins, iterate and launch at scale.
- Develop engagement tools to scale sharing of knowledge, resources and ideas.
- Develop rewards and recognition program to highlight desired community impact behaviors.
- Consistently evaluate programs, process, and data to evolve with changing needs in the environments.
- Plan and manage Prime Video Marketing events.
• Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, PR or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years communications and design experience
• Experience in cross regional wide projects and/or leading cross-functional projects
• Experience developing new ideas and creative solutions with employee interests as a focal point
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Naturally curious and passionate about communications and employee culture with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources, and trends
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and social media
- Experience developing relevant content for a diverse, remote, and mobile workforce
- Experience creating metrics to measure communication effectiveness, reach, and engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for serving the community with a strong acumen on business and operations
- Proven ability to thrive in a high-energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
- Proven ability to influence and drive results laterally and remotely through cross-functional colleagues.
- Proven track record of execution and success
- Outstanding relationship-building and customer service skills
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; thinks big, starts small, grows fast
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.