Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Central Science Team within Amazon’s People Experience and Technology org (PXTCS) uses economics, behavioral science, statistics, and machine learning to proactively identify mechanisms and process improvements which simultaneously improve Amazon and the lives, well-being, and the value of work to Amazonians. We are an interdisciplinary team, which combines the talents of science and engineering to develop and deliver solutions that measurably achieve this goal. We invest in innovation, and rapid prototyping of scientific models and software solutions, to accelerate informed, accurate, and reliable decisions backed by science and data.
We are looking for an experienced product manager who has a track record of delivering early stage & growth stage products that delight our customers. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgement, and solid communication and project management skills. As a product manager, you will own the product vision and strategy for long-term products and rapid prototypes of science models. Our team builds distributed, scalable, and highly available systems that make econometric and machine learning models runs faster. The Research Data Lake that our team owns, combines disparate external and internal data sources to model and research all aspects of HR, including: workforce planning, recruiting, employee engagement, retention, development, employee benefits, compensation, and more.
The ideal candidate will have passion for building products that utilize statistics, econometrics, data science, and machine learning. You will work with our science and engineering teams to identify features that will delight customers, partner with business lines to develop and beta-test prototypes, and coordinate the migration strategies for product handovers. You should have keen desire to take on new and ambiguous projects and deliver business values to our customers on time. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
This role can be located out of the Seattle, SF Bay Area, Dallas, Austin, Atlanta, Arlington, Nashville, or New York offices.
• BS/BA degree with 5-7 years product management experience in a technical environment with direct product ownership
• Display strong leadership, organizational and execution skills.
• Is the primary driver for identifying significant opportunities, and driving product vision, strategies and roadmaps in the context of broader organizational strategies and goals.
• Experience delivering software products for large, cross-functional audiences from conception through business case to implementation, measurement and ongoing management
• Incorporate data, research and market analysis to inform product strategies and roadmaps.
• Experience cultivating strong partnerships with stakeholders across multiple levels, functions and technical and non-technical organizations
• Leads and motivates a team of engineers and other cross-functional representatives, and maintains team health.
• Independent problem solver that can set priorities, make high quality judgments and decisions quickly with excellent organizational skills
• Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills – ability to clearly communicate high level strategy as well as technical details
• Familiarity with AI/ML technologies.
• Advanced degree in a related field (computer science, engineering, math, finance, marketing, economics, or MBA).
• PhD or broad research experience in economics, statistics, machine learning or data science, or computer science.
• Hands on experience with machine learning techniques and their applications to real world use cases.
• Established experience in HR, Business Analytics or Recruiting
• Detailed knowledge of AWS technologies for business intelligence
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.