Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is looking for a Software Engineer join the Amazon Care (www.amazon.care) team. We are a passionate project team working to build a best in class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining a focus on delivering results.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
In this position, we are looking for an engineer with deep service orientated expertise and experienced with variety of technologies. We are looking for someone who understands developing innovative services in the cloud, leveraging the best technologies AWS has to offer, and can build software. We need someone who is motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with technologies to rapidly produce prototypes. You will outline paths from prototype to product. You will need to contribute to the professional development of colleagues through mentoring, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team. You have an eye towards quality, and insist on the highest standards.
- Be heavily involved with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting experiences.
- Design new, secure, and reliable features that drive real-time data, video, and audio solutions.
- Know how to integrate information from a large number of services.
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
- Deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, extensibility, and more as needed.
- Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire services team for development.
- Mentor team members to promote engineering excellence
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for performance and reliability
- Understanding of software design principles and computer science fundamental
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Experience architecting complex, cloud-based systems
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs at scale
- Passion for services. We would love to hear about solutions and systems you’ve developed.
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API’s
- Passion for cutting edge technologies, drive, and ability to quickly learn new concepts
- Prior experience working for a consumer Internet company
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.