Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s finance team is searching for financial accounting professionals who consistently exceed expectations, thrive in a challenging workplace, and can actively contribute to our talented team. The global accounting organization supports our financial reporting, internal control, intercompany, and transfer pricing activities as well as supports new business launches globally for Amazon in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business. This role would support our growing Latin American operations in all of the above categories. This role would be based in Mexico City. he ideal candidate is an experienced people manager, highly proactive self-starter with a strong operational and accounting background, problem solving skills and attention to detail who will take ownership and drive positive change including evaluating and streamlining existing operational and accounting processes, controls and metrics. This role manages a team of people and has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon, therefore it requires strong interpersonal, employee development and communication skills.
Key job responsibilities
• Drive operational excellence by identifying business process re-engineering opportunities and partnering with project teams to provide accounting requirements that maintain highest level of controllership.
• Ensure all accounting deliverables to tax teams are met within SLA; analyzing account activity; validating account balances are materially correct; explaining business drivers for account balance fluctuations.
• Drive and prioritize automation projects to reduce the number of manual journal entries.
• Influencing business decisions with effective verbal and written communication, data driven analysis and presentation of alternatives.
• Drive the creation and audit of financial statements.
• Raise the bar on hiring, developing, and retaining the best talent to continue building our world class team of finance professionals
• 15+ years of professional experience with financial reporting and some project management related responsibilities
• Accounting degree or other Finance qualifications
• Demonstrated experience as people manager
• Masters in Accounting, Information Systems, Finance, or related field
• Experience working with Colombia on accounting operations, reporting or compliance
• CPA or equivalent
• Substantial experience in a large multinational corporate environment with exposure to various financial and/or commercial disciplines
• 7+ years interpreting and communication (written and verbal) with English teams
• 10+ years communicating technical concepts of accounting
• Substantial experience with IFRS reporting standards
• Experience with US GAAP reporting standards
• Experience managing and developing a team
• Substantial experience researching accounting conclusions documenting support for conclusions reached
• Experience with fiscal, Trade compliance and statutory requirements
• Knowledge of applicable regional laws, codes and regulations
• Experience using SQL, Python or other data querying or programming languages
• Excellent analytical skills
• Implement new processes and fine tune standard processes for ecommerce payments
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word);
• Experience with Oracle, HFM, and Workiva Wdesk
• Solid organizational and project-management skills
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills
• Ability to summarize and communicate important data to all levels of leadership
• An aptitude for information technology
• Ability to travel to Seattle, Washington (USA) multiple times a year
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.