Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Flexibility for alternate EU Amazon offices
Amazon’s mission is to be the Earth’s Best Employer. The Workforce Staffing Analytics program works to advance this mission with data-led insights that can lead to actions that help improve employee experience.
This program is re-inventing how Amazon attracts, communicates with, and ultimately hires its hourly associates. This team owns a multi-layered research and program implementation designed to drive process improvements and strategic recommendations to global leadership. Are you passionate about data? Are you a tinkerer by trade? Do you enjoy questioning the status quo? Do complex and difficult challenges excite you? If yes, this may be the team for you.
The Technical Program Manager will work closely with multiple stakeholders in the European Union, UK and North America to setup and deliver robust, structured reporting, analytics and models for the redesign of our associate hiring process. In this role, you will work closely with the Business Intelligence Engineers, Data Engineers, Data Scientists and our stakeholders to design and develop advanced data science solutions for various customer groups. There are many opportunities in this space to innovate and learn, experiment and pilot, and work closely with our business leaders as well as the Workforce Staffing team.
- Lead projects across multiple Amazon business lines and organizations.
- Plan, design and communicate the implementation and adoption of new programs and process
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects and deadlines, requiring frequent multi-layered communication, organization/time management, and creative problem solving skills
- Act as a key internal resource in the analysis, measurement, and requirements-gathering related to process improvement and productivity initiatives
- Identify gaps for localization and bridge them to ensure adoption of projects in different locales
- Provide regular updates and metrics to stakeholders, including monthly and quarterly business reviews
- Partner with legal, public relations, employee relations to ensure compliance of data engineering projects in the EU
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- 7+ years of technical program management experience in a related industry
- 5+ years of technical engineering experience in business intelligence, data science, database engineering or business analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver complex, successful services and/or customer experiences efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication, both upwards and downwards
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems.
- Experience with agile or other program management methodologies.
- Experience in leading technical discussions and assisting teams in designing solutions.
- Interest in exploring emerging AWS technologies
- Experience with SQL and programming languages with a focus on data analytics (Python, R, Java etc.)
- Able to work in a diverse team
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice ( https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.