Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role:
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. As a software engineer on the IGDB team, you will architect and develop the IGDB.com website and it’s supporting data products, which will improve discovery for IGDB.com, hundreds of millions of Twitch viewers and hundreds of third-party gaming apps and websites that use the IGDB API. We are looking for passionate engineers who are excited to dig in with us. Reporting into the IGDB Engineering Manager you will help to lead a team which applies fresh and creative ideas to overcome a range of infrastructure, code and data challenges.
At IGDB, which is part of Twitch, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a fun and productive environment in the heart of Gothenburg, while applying the resources of Twitch and Amazon. Alternatively you can remote in from wherever you are in Europe/UK.
• Design, build, and maintain performant, reliable web services and applications
• Follow engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
• Produce clean, high-quality code, tests, and documentation
• Actively contribute to code and design reviews with peers and partners
• Mentor junior peers to develop their talent and help them grow
• Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
• Partner with fellow engineering teams to accomplish projects together
• Readiness to try new things and work with a diverse group of people
• 3+ years of relevant work experience as a software engineer
• Experience writing high-quality production code
• Some understanding of web application backends (MVC) and basic SQL
• Experience of team processes such as Scrum
• Experience using AWS Services
• Experience with Kotlin/Java
• Ruby on rails experience
• Private Medical Insurance
• Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
• Pension Plan
• Maternity & Parental Leave
• Paid Time Off & Holidays
• Commuter Benefits
• Amazon Employee Discount
• Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.)
• Lunch Served Four Times a Week
• Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.