Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Want to build the future of audio entertainment?
Imagine being part of an agile team, where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Envision working within a startup atmosphere, while being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune 500 company. Picture working on bleeding-edge consumer applications, where every team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Welcome to the Amazon Music team.
Amazon is changing the way people listen to music and podcasts. Amazon Music offers a free-to-customer ad-supported listening experience; Prime members have ad-free access to over two million songs on-demand; subscribers of Amazon Music Unlimited can listen to a catalog of 90 million songs in the highest quality streaming audio. We continue to innovate, building a world class audio experience around the world and making strategic data-driven decisions that start with the customer. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music, podcasting, and audio entertainment to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Amazon Music is looking for a highly-creative, self-motivated, and high-judgement PR professional with a depth of experience and interest in music and entertainment, to manage day-to-day PR for Amazon Music in Brazil across music and podcast content – from developing strategic positioning, to execution, to the launch of new audio and video content, livestreams, podcasts and beyond. You will partner closely with the Brazil Music programing and business teams, and with local talent and their representatives on a daily basis. You will have solid national music industry and business media relationships, experience working with talent, and experience driving national campaigns. You must be creative, with excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work well with others.
This position is based in Brazil and will report into the LatAm PR lead, based in New York.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and manage strategic public relations programs and campaigns that drive awareness of Amazon Music content in Brazil.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholder teams in order to drive successful national campaigns and content launches.
• Support multiple publicity campaigns as a national leader, executing in Brazil and working closely alongside regional leads with positioning and guiding principles, to ensure consistency in overall Amazon Music content messaging.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key national media to generate coverage in support of content launches, business stories and maintain a steady drumbeat of accurate and positive coverage for Amazon Music content.
• Remain aware of the latest trends and news in the entertainment, podcast, and digital audio space.
• Develop messaging and media awareness for key spokespeople and talent for announcements, industry panels and interviews.
• Manage external vendors and public relations agencies on strategy, execution, and day-to-day matters
• Coordinate with other regional Amazon PR professionals to leverage relationships, establish best practices, and collaborate on a unified Amazon entertainment vision.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Fluency in English and Portuguese
• 8+ years of relevant PR experience required in digital music, entertainment or consumer tech and/or corporate communications for a music or digital entertainment company.
• Strong media relationships and the ability to cultivate additional contacts in the space.
• Experience executing product launches, press tours, talent junkets, speaking engagements and driving an overall product narrative and PR plan.
• Proven ability to use both strategic and creative thinking
• An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously.
• Outstanding attention to detail, understanding of entertainment, audio, and/or creators,
as well as the ability to communicate complex topics effectively.
• A love of music, entertainment, and audio content.
• Experience producing and/or supporting large-scale IRL events
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
• Solid judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to urgent PR matters.
• Ability to work in a remote environment, and successfully partner with teammates located in the region.
Inclusive Team Culture Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.