Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re building out our Resiliency teams within Professional Services to help our customers plan, build and mature their ability to ensure their production environments and applications running on AWS meet their intended business outcomes and are resilient.
As a Principal Reliability Lead you will have the opportunity to assist enterprise level customers in creating a resilient ongoing run function for their cloud environment, by leveraging automation, production KPIs, predictive analytics, and AI/ML. In this role, you will help customers to increase their resiliency posture in architecture, operations and testing.
Additionally, in this role you will have the opportunity to partner with our customer’s development, SRE, operations, change, and service management teams to identify, define, and build the expected operational resiliency. Additionally, as a Principal Reliability Lead you will lead teams in setting best practices, direction, and drive resiliency for the most critical workloads for AWS customers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
- In this role, you would be viewed as a technical leader alongside our customers business, development and infrastructure teams, leading technical and design discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices
- You’ll guide customers and team members on how to architect and build highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services like API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB and ECS
- You’ll encourage customers to leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices)
- Advise customers on implementing AWS best practices
- Influence infrastructure architecture by sharing your application development expertise
- Represent the voice for developers internally and influence our AWS Professional Services offerings and AWS product strategy for developers by working with AWS platform engineering, Business Development and other cross-functional teams
- 7+ years of experience as a solution architect in Customer-facing roles
- 7+ years of experience leading technical interactions with executive IT leadership at the C-level with Fortune 500 companies.
- 2+ years of Cloud experience
- 1+ year of experience in adopting chaos engineering techniques to validate system resiliency
- Understanding of enterprise IT operational capabilities examples include Change, Release, Incident Management, infrastructure management or applications management
- Experience in architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform
- Experience in designing and building applications using container and serverless technologies
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Understanding of Tier 0 / Tier 1 enterprise workloads and resiliency best practices
- Experience in implementing automated fail-over strategies across regions
- Experience with Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and automated deployment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.