Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) a leader in cloud computing is seeking a curious, creative, and self-motivated internal communications professional who is looking to apply their storytelling skills and communications experience in innovative ways in a fast paced and ever-changing global environment. If you are someone who gets excited about delivering projects, developing tools, and driving clear communications that improve the employee experience, keep reading.
Responsible for developing and disseminating high impact and high quality content to the rapidly growing AWS Data Center Community (DCC) organization. The successful candidate for this role will have broad communications experience including initiating, driving, and delivering people-related projects, earning trust with stakeholders, creating customer-focused plans, and translating these plans into action. You should be passionate about goal-setting, continuous process improvement, delivering results, and be willing to roll-up your sleeves to contribute ideas, customize solutions, and to positively influence executives, the employee experience, and culture across our global DCC organization.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop and issue timely and engaging content that is fit-for-purpose for employees across our global organization. This includes identifying, recommending, and implementing creative methods for communicating with employees through a variety of new and existing channels including, but not limited to, mobile phones, intranet, podcasts, videos, presentations, newsletters, town hall meetings, and emails.
- Create and deliver on strategies that drive desired employee outcomes and that increase adoption of communications tools.
- Set communications benchmarks, success criteria, and goals. Establish mechanisms to meet goals and continuously increase effectiveness of communications across the business.
- Develop and foster cross-functional relationships at all levels across the organization, and establish a robust framework for providing customers with strong communications support. This includes developing and curating tool kits and other self-service resources; creating and delivering trainings on a range of communications-related topics; providing editorial support; leading executive communications initiatives; and more.
- Manage an organization-wide communication/editorial calendar, working with stakeholders who are the eyes and ears throughout the organization on what’s happening and how we share our story.
- Contribute to executive and senior leadership communications channels, including drafting talking points, video scripting, and presentation development.
- Develop and manage style guidelines and communications governance standards across all internal channels.
- Serve as a “brand ambassador” of the DCC organization to internal stakeholders.
Other responsibilities, as required.
About the team
The Internal Communications Team is a component of the Inclusion and Outreach organization within the Data Center Community. We are focused on making a positive impact, internally and externally, in the places where AWS builds and operates its data centers around the world. Other teams that make up the Inclusion and Outreach organization include Community Engagement; Inclusion, Diversity & Equity; and Employee Engagement. Our work is exciting, heartfelt, and impact oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English, PR, or a related field.
- 5+ years of internal communications experience (within the technology industry is a plus)
- 5+ years of experience with creating and editing internal and external communications across a variety of channels
- Strong writing and editing skills and background developing and implementing standards across a large organization
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to communicate ideas clearly, concisely, and creatively
- Superior editing skills, while under time constraints, without compromising quality
- Experience developing and delivering on a multi-channel editorial calendar
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, coupled with the proven ability to set priorities, manage deadlines, and make data-driven decisions
- Establishes, works within, and maintains brand identity standards across channels
- Enthusiastic team player
- Resourceful, self-motivated, and independent with the ability to work with people of all levels within and outside the organization
- Creative thinker
- Embraces a growth mindset, is innately curious, and results driven
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to use these to influence outcomes with persuasiveness and candor
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage priorities with limited day-to-day oversight
- Experience operating in a global environment and able to demonstrate international cultural agility
Domestic and international travel may be required.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.