Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon App store Worldwide is a group of talented technical professionals that are empowered and driven to build world class experiences for mobile apps. We are looking for a “Quality Assurance Engineer” to work on the manual and automated mobile app verification solutions and services. Ideal candidate should have proven expertise in scalable systems, working across technologies, and mentoring junior engineers. Background of working in the mobile development space (Android, iOS) is a plus.
Quality Assurance Engineers at Amazon test cutting edge applications and products at the user level and code level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QAEs are not pure black box testers, they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with scripting tools and/or user-level automated tools. QAEs at Amazon are excellent individual contributors capable of taking up tasks from start to completion with minimal help. QAEs are responsible to understand the product domain, define test strategy and test plans, develop and drive test case execution and drive best practices to release high quality software to our customers.
• 1+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• Bachelor’s Degree
• BS degree in Computer Science from a reputed institution.
• 1+ years core development experience as a Software Engineer.
• Strong understanding of functional requirements
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrable experience in writing clean code quickly. Preferably Java coding.
• Mobile device based test automation experience.
• Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.