Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Enterprise Account Manager, AWS
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services by developing a strategic customer within the Fortune 500? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider?
As an Enterprise Account Manager you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology. Your responsibilities will include driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration within a single customer. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects. You should also be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue and other performance targets.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Drive revenue and market share within an existing customer
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive customer success plan
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services
- Accelerate customer adoption
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline
- Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
- Manage contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Expect moderate travel
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 7+ years of technology related sales or business development experience
- 5+ years of direct field experience selling software or cloud solutions to the F500
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
- A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- Track record of developing sustainable new business
- Extensive customer network
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology deals
- Experience in positioning and selling technology in new customers and new market segments
- Experience in proactively growing customer relationships while expanding their understanding of the customer’s business
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.