Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Prime Video is disrupting traditional media with an ever-increasing selection of movies, TV shows, Emmy Award winning original content, add-on subscriptions including HBO, and live events like Thursday Night Football. Our architecture operates at Amazon-scale and raises the bar for playback reliability, video start time, and image quality. Prime Video runs on thousands of device types in over 200 territories worldwide.
The Amazon Prime Video India team is looking for a smart, motivated, and results-oriented Quality Assurance Engineer to join the team. We are a high-energy group focussed on the PV experience for Indian users to watch TV and movies. We are seeking for a talented and enthusiastic Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) to test revolutionary new features for the Prime Video.
Our QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. We use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; you are expected to be able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools.
In this role you will be embedded with our Software Development Engineers to better understand features and technical implementation. You will have tons of opportunities to build new features for the Prime Video team and to develop your own career. You will work with our product managers, and user experience designers, to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. You will work to insert quality into all phases of the software development process. You will participate in release/feature sign-off to ensure the high quality bar of our product. You will be encouraged to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency. You will implement test automation on different platforms and devices.
This team is the place for you if
- You love working with video, and devices
- You wonder how customer acquisitions and payments work
- You insist on a high quality bar and never settle for “good enough.”
- You want to work with a focused team of engineers that share your passion for shipping clean code that powers great customer experiences.
- You work well across multiple teams.
- 1+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in manual testing
- Experience in automation testing
- Bachelor’s Degree
Experienced in working independently from requirement gathering, making testing strategy, test plan and running multiple test cycles from functional to UAT and signoff.
- Solid knowledge of QA methodologies and automation tools, with demonstrated QA experience in an SDET or QAE role.
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution on customer facing apps, devices, services or platforms
- Demonstrated working closely with development and business teams to communicate impact and understand business requirements.
- Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results.
- Creativity and initiative to improve test coverage, effectiveness and test process