Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Honeycode team is looking for a highly motivated, quality-centric front end engineer with deep end-to-end web application knowledge to design, develop and research technologies that sets the foundation for a new family of products from the ground up.
Key job responsibilities
You will work on both desktop and mobile customer experiences, make the most out of the modern tools like Node.js, React, React Native, Redux, Typescript, ES6, Jest, Webpack and play an integral role in a product that will change the industry, and will be used globally at large scale. A successful candidate must have a strong drive for results, good interpersonal skills, and is a team player who has the ability to work in a fast-paced start-up like environment independently.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience with cross browser compatibility, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
• 4+ years of experience in multi-tier web architecture
• Familiarity with ReactJS, Redux, React Native, Webpack, and Typescript
• Familiarity with JSS
• Familiarity with Jest
• Obsessed with WPO (Web Performance Optimization)
• Familiar with web security, SEO, accessibility and internationalization
• Familiar with performance optimizations and trends
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Willing to go the extra mile to do things right and fast
• Able to learn large scale complex systems quickly
The req can be filled in Atlanta, Seattle, San Francisco, or Sunnyvale.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.