Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you have a passion for Automotive? Do you want to challenge the status quo of the in-car experience? Do you want to take on very ambiguous problems? If you answered yes to these questions, we have a dream job for you.
The Alexa Communications team reinventing the in-car communications experience. You can make history with us, and the good news is that we’ve only just begun!
Running with the spirit and energy of a start-up, our team is focused on leveraging emerging technologies to create new product offerings in the space of in-car communication, enabling people to connect in new ways like never before!
Join our team and you will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
In this role, you will need a passion to build elegant systems in the most efficient ways while pushing the limits of current technology and challenging the status quo.
Key job responsibilities
- Build end-to-end customer experiences that bring intelligent, personalized voice-first experiences into the vehicle
- Influence our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
- Incorporate best practices, produce secure, testable, maintainable, and extensible code and perform peer code reviews
- Work with product management, UX, and cross-functional teams to build and ship technical solutions for the best customer experiences
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
- Participate in the hiring process as well as mentor others – improving their skills, their knowledge of your software, and their ability to get things done
A day in the life
As a software development engineer,
- You will design, implement, and deliver software in ambiguous and complex problem spaces.
- You will be working with an assorted set of stakeholders across organizations such as product and program management teams and UX teams.
- You will influence the technology decisions that will drive future products and features that directly affect our growth in this critical space.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Master’s degree in CS, EE Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- Experience with or knowledge of protocols and standards such as WebRTC, SDP, RTP, and SIP.
- Experience with audio/video codecs and developing advanced Audio and Video Processing Algorithms
- Experience with Audio/Video software stack in different platforms (iOS, Android, Linux)
- Design/development skills including experience driving projects from concept to prototype to production
- Working experience with any video streaming technologies like GStreamer and WebRTC
- Experience with VoIP and/or real-time communication technologies
- Experience with embedded devices
- Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
- Experience with complex, multi-threaded system software that has been successfully delivered
- Experience developing Android and/or iOS services or applications.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.