Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Would you like to implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve the world’s most complex technical problems? Do you have a deep passion and desire to engineer and operate the world’s largest cloud computing infrastructure to build a better world for future generations?
This is an exciting opportunity to use the latest cloud computing technologies to help U.S. Government agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems.
AWS established a specialized group of service teams responsible for the work we are doing with the U.S. Intelligence Community. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need adaptable people to help us implement and operate them.
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive base salary we are Amazon…we have a peculiar way of doing things, but your base is only a part of your annual total compensation.
• Annual Clearance / Mission Bonus that will substantially enhance your annual income
• Part of your compensation will be in actual shares of AMZN, not options or private equity shares.
• Sign-On Payment and a full relocation package.
• Comprehensive benefits package with multiple medical plans to choose from.
• 401k with company match.
• Generous paid time off with flexible work schedule and an emphasis on work/life balance.
• Life Insurance, subsidized HSA, FSA’s, etc.
• Long term, stable career your employment is not tied to a contract billet.
• Last, but not least, a truly transformational career opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and to learn cloud building tools you can learn nowhere else!
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and currently possess and maintain an active Top Secret security clearance.
This position may also sit in Seattle, WA.
Key job responsibilities
The AWS Intelligence team is seeking highly motivated engineers who are focused on operational excellence and troubleshooting complex system operations, have a good understanding of Linux, networking and general knowledge of cloud services. We need engineers who understand how to think big, and simplify solutions to complex problems; all the while ensuring that our customers continue to have the best experience possible.
You will be able to take a defined project, break down the work to help define milestones, and feedback mechanisms. You identify when implementations are not highly available or have defects; you investigate systemic patterns. You resolve, mitigate, or escalate operational concerns in a timely manner
A day in the life
On a “typical” day, our engineers may dive deep to find the root cause of a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending in the wrong direction, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational processes. As a member of our team you will join a dedicated group of engineers who provide troubleshooting and operations support, and innovate to automate operational tasks.
About the team
The AWS CP Amazon Dedicated Cloud Engineering Operations Team provides support across all of Commerce Platform for the ADC (air gapped) regions. The team is comprised of individuals who possess the required security clearances to access the ADC regions. The CP ADC OPS Team works with CP teams to support services running in these regions and provide uncleared engineers with the insight needed to develop and run their products in the ADC regions. The ADC OPS Team’s primary responsibilities are to resolve operational issues, support ADC region product launches, support CP service teams, implement and maintain automation tools, update documentation/SOPs, support execution of various campaigns (i.e., blocked software, host patching, etc.) and support parity program activities such as data migration, client migration and service cutovers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are committed to supporting our new team members through a broad mix of Amazon experience, expertise, and tenures. We celebrate knowledge, sharing, and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 3+ years of systems administration experience (Linux/Windows).
• Experience working with scripting languages.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
• In lieu of above relevant work experience, degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
• 3+ years’ experience with cloud computing technologies.
• 3+ years of networking experience.
• 3+ years of experience with support procedures and methodologies for production computing environments.
• Experience automating routine tasks.
• Experience troubleshooting.
• Experience with performance and log analysis.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.