Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you inspired to work with a team that launches products with direct and massive impact on Amazon’s customers? Are you excited to join one of the newest and most exciting AWS services?
Amazon Connect is a highly disruptive cloud-based contact center that enables businesses to deliver engaging, dynamic, and personal customer service experiences. Amazon Connect is the result of the ten years of development that went into building the tools Amazon uses to provide its award winning customer service at massive scale and launching it as a publicly available AWS service. With Amazon Connect, you can create your own cloud-based contact center and be taking calls in minutes. Amazon Connect leverages the power of Artificial Intelligence and the large ecosystem of AWS services such as Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3 and Amazon Kinesis to provide a truly frustration free, easy-to-use, extensible, and natural customer experience. With this technology, we are transforming an industry and the way customers interact with businesses and how agents service them.
See our section in Andy Jassy 2020 re:Invent keynote
We have a rapidly growing customer base and an exciting charter in front of us that includes solving highly complex engineering and algorithmic problems. We are looking for passionate and talented Software Development Engineers to join us to innovate on this new service that addresses customer needs to build modern contact centers in the cloud. The position represents a rare opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing business soon after launch, and help shape the technology and product as we grow. You will be playing a crucial role in developing the next generation contact center, and get the opportunity to design and deliver scaleable, resilient systems while maintaining a constant customer focus.
As a developer on our team, you’ll own code end-to-end from design to development, and work closely with senior technical leaders within the team and across AWS. You’ll have a sound understanding of computer science fundamentals and practical industry experience, working across the stack with technology involving modern web, SOA, NoSQL databases, AI, ML, Big Data and more.
This team is a great fit for you if
• You enjoy working with a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that are working together towards a common goal.
• You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in working on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
• You’d like to be directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
• You are a passionate learner and are motivated to take on new challenges.
• You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance.
Learn more about Amazon Connect here.
Media coverage on Amazon Connect can be found here, here and here
Power of Amazon Connect
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience working with core database engines
- 1+ years of building large scale distributed systems
• The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
• Experience leveraging object oriented design practices in Java or C++ or .Net.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Experience in driving systemic operational improvements.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers.
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Master’s degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
• Experience with or knowledge of Elasticsearch, AWS Serverless, NoSQL or DDB, Kinesis, SNS/SQS].
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.