Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you passionate about using AWS technologies to the fullest potential? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment and enjoy transforming large data sets into actionable recommendations and insights? Do you get energized building solutions for customers you can actually talk to?
We are looking for a talented engineer to join us and help build our Global Media and Entertainment (GME) Finance system to increase our breadth and depth of data as well as delighting our customers with new features. The ideal engineer has strong backend/frontend development, design and data modeling skills as well as experience working with server less compute solutions and non-relational databases. An ideal candidate has a deep understanding on building highly scalable and resilient systems as well as the desire to continually find bottlenecks and inefficiencies. The ideal candidate also influences leadership team by taking high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. As innovators we embrace new technology and empower to choose the right highly scalable and available technology to solve complex problems.
Key job responsibilities
- Designing software solutions, building and maintaining new concepts and methodologies, hands on problem-solving and writing efficient code
- Designing and building new features that are highly performant and scalable
- Designing and building tools and systems that support thousands of finance managers across the world
- Instilling best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Over 3+ years of experience working with the core AWS services.
- Proficiency in at least one object oriented programming language (Java, C++, etc.)
- Strong notions of security best practices (e.g. using IAM Roles, KMS, etc.)
- Worked with various databases and datastores like S3, Redshift, Dynamo DB
- Implementing experience with primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, Route 53 and S3).
- Previous exposure to large-scale systems design
- Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with building or maintaining cloud-native applications
- Certified AWS Developer/Architect (Associate or Pro)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.