Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you inspired by invention? We apply advances in robotics and software to solve real-world problems that delight our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. Amazon Robotics is located in the greater Boston area, the epicenter of robotics innovation. Our diverse teams come from all over the world to design, test and build our dynamic fleet of robots and mechatronic systems. Current advancements are underway in autonomous movement and mobility, artificial intelligence and machine learning, manipulation, simulation, robotic management software, predictive analytics, and much more.
We are looking to hire an Amazon Robotics Principal Project Manager – Investment for the development and execution of strategic, cross-functional technology investment projects.
In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners to understand and deliver value from innovators and startups outside of Amazon that can potentially meet the needs of in-house business units or are developing technology that could improve the robotic ecosystem. You will lead scouting efforts on behalf of the organization, building relationships with accelerators/incubators, universities, entrepreneur organizations, research professors, and other organizations developing innovative technology in robotics, automation, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning.
As part of a multi-disciplinary investment team, you will be responsible for marketing, communication, scouting and first round of due diligence. Innovators/startups will be in disparate geographic locations, requiring strong communication skills.
Come join us in North Reading, MA, or in our newly expanded innovation hub in Westborough, MA!
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and manage relationships with accelerators/incubators
• Maintain relationships with University Research Professors, tech transfer offices and entrepreneur programs
• Develop marketing efforts to attract applicable entrepreneurs and innovators to the core areas of interest
• Develop the global brand and messaging in collaboration with PR for both the robotics, automation, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning communities and the investment community
• Develop external communication about the investments, including press releases, interviews, and articles
• Identify viable startup technologies and research that could enhance current processes within Amazon Robotics and make recommendations for investment
• Meet with startup teams to understand their tech and applicability, timelines, risks, escalation path
• Provide initial evaluation of companies for potential investment
• Build a funnel of corporate development investments, follow and track progress
• Update, document, and report on all engagements to ensure transparency with team
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
• Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years of experience managing high tech projects in the field of robotics and automation.
• Experience managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others and problem solving.
• 10+ years of knowledge within the robotics, automation, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning communities
• Established track record of working within the research and academic ecosystem
• Proficient oral and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse and talented team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.