Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Seller Fulfillment Technology (SFT) team located in Bangalore is looking for an SDE2 to deliver strategic goals for Amazon e-commerce systems. This is an opportunity to join our mission to build tech solutions that empower sellers to delight the next billion customers. You will be responsible for building new system capabilities grounds up for strategic business initiatives. If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company wide initiatives, building and launching customer facing products in international locales, this may be the next big career move for you. We are building systems which can scale across multiple marketplaces and are on the cutting edge in automated large scale ecommerce business. We are looking for an SDE2 to design and build our tech stack as a coherent architecture and deliver capabilities across marketplaces. We operate in a high performance co-located agile ecosystem where SDEs, Product Managers and Principals frequently connect with end customers of our products. Our SDEs stay connected with customers through seller/FC/Deliver Station visits and customer anecdotes. This allows our engineers to significantly influence product roadmap, contribute to PRFAQs and create disproportionate impact through the tech they deliver. We offer Technology leaders a once in a lifetime opportunity to transform billions of lives across the planet through their tech innovations.
You will be responsible for building initiative related to building Amazon as a trusted marketplace and build solution for sellers that will be completely hosted in AWS account.
• Work closely with senior and principal engineers to architect and deliver high quality technology solutions
• Own development in multiple layers of the stack including distributed workflows hosted in native AWS architecture
• Operational rigor for a rapidly growing tech stack
• Contribute to patents, tech talks and innovation drives
• Assist in the continual hiring and development of technical talent
• Measure success metrics and influence evolution of the tech product
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 5 to 10 years of Software Development experience;
• Experience designing highly interactive web applications with performance, scalability, accessibility, usability, design, and security in mind. If you don’t have all of these, that’s ok, but be excited about learning the few you don’t know.
• Experience with or knowledge of jQuery, Java, Struts, and other website technologies.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Software development experience in building highly scalable applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience in eCommerce and Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience working with service oriented architectures and web based solutions.