Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is solving some of the world’s toughest problems, and we’re customer and candidate obsessed when it comes to scaling the hiring process for one of the planet’s largest workforces. We’re asking questions like: How do we hire the right number of associates at the right time? How do we handle hundreds of thousands, or even millions of applications, while ensuring the job search process is friction-free for applicants? How do we match the right job to right employee while providing flexibility to work across different job types and time of the day?
In response to those questions, our team of tenured Amazonians, and industry talent is using both third party SAAS products and also native AWS technologies to build a mobile-first hiring solution. Applicants will use this system to begin their journey with Amazon from initial job search, through the interview process, to Day 1 onboarding in our fulfillment centers and beyond. Along the way, we’re experimenting with the latest technologies and ML to make the hiring process better for hundreds of thousands of future Amazonians. Our hourly workforce is Amazon’s foundation we can’t deliver for our customers without them. Join me, and help us build the workforce of the future.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, innovative Senior Technical Program Manager who thrives in dealing with ambiguity and is able to independently drive efforts to build a world-class hiring solution. This is a leadership position that requires a great deal of analytical, technical, and program management depth within and across technology organizations to help achieve our product vision. You’ll be responsible for driving cross-cutting technical solutions and plans across our product and tech teams. You’ll work day to day with our engineering teams on technical solutions, plans, and develop success metrics. You’ll also play a key role in defining the end-to-end product and technical vision.
This position involves regular communication with senior leadership on status, risks and change control, thought leadership, and a high degree of independence, ownership, and bias for action. Strong candidates will be able to understand and influence large-scale distributed services to drive technical solutions across multiple systems. You should have excellent communication skills, a drive for results, and a passion for building simple, elegant solutions and architecturally sound systems. You will have a unique opportunity to define our vision, product and turning a vision into a live product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- 7+ years of technical program management experience in a related industry
- 5+ years of technical engineering experience
- Experience in leading software development projects with aggressive schedules and managing deliverables from multiple teams
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver complex, successful services and/or customer experiences efficiently
- Strong verbal and written communication, both upwards and downwards
- MBA with Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience in managing the and development of distributed systems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle and operations
- Interest in exploring emerging AWS technologies