Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s Disability and Leave Services (DLS) team in the Employee Services organization is building a best-in-class case management program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees across the U.S.
The Case Specialist will be an individual contributor and provides support for Case management for leave of absence and disability life events. They are highly skilled in case review, document validation and correspondence handling.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Serve as a point of contact for assigned employees to provide holistic case management services, including reviewing documentation to adjudicate leaves in compliance with the corresponding leave plans, federal and state laws and benefit plans as defined by Amazon
• Leverage duration guidelines, best practice tools and Amazon resources to support oversight of a leave event as appropriate
• Critically assess and adjust the case management plan to an employee’s changing needs
• Address and respond to sensitive situations
• Troubleshoot issues and seek to remove barriers before, during, or after a leave event
• Respond to employee impacting issues that may arise during the leave event and ensure the right communication occurs
• Identify and solve problems that may arise, sometimes with limited information
• Facilitate a smooth return to work and ramp-back plan for employees returning to the workplace
• Ensure compliance with standard work, federal/state regulations, and company policy
• Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation
• Other duties as assigned
. Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or equivalent experience
• 2+ Years of experience in customer service or Human Resource management or Case management, Payroll or Leave & Disability management
. Should have completed 1+ year with Amazon with minimum 1 year in current role (For Internal candidates)
• Strong & demonstrated communication skills – verbal as well as written
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Ability to apply critical thinking and identify issues for problem solving
• Ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross functional environment
• Strong time management and ownership of deliverable’s
• Experience working with confidential information
• 1 year of experience in US laws, federal or state Leave and Disability regulations, specifically ADA/ADAAA and FML
. Experience working case management role independently in environment with changing priorities
. Experience with global service and employee delivery
. Strong problem solving and priority setting skills