Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
“Alexa, find me a job where I can create and innovate.”
On the Alexa Voice Service team, you’ll deliver software to enable Alexa’s capabilities everywhere in speakers, appliances, wearables, robots, and more! We’re working with industry leaders to seamlessly integrate Alexa into any and all devices. It’s awesome, and will change the way millions of people interact with their homes, cars and even their workplace. If you’re passionate about greenfield engineering opportunities and love to solve problems that have never been encountered before this is the job for you. If you have an insatiable thirst to learn you’ll absolutely love this job. Imagine working together with other teams to architect solutions that define how customers interact with Alexa.
In this role, you’ll be a leader on the team. You will have vast independent technical ownership in designing and building highly scalable test automation solutions spanning end to end functional test automation frameworks, productivity tools, quality dashboards, and performance testing. You will help define the team roadmap and processes, and advise Senior Managers. You will guide other team members through design and architecture reviews, and drive operational excellence and best practices for the team. You’ll work directly with product and engineering teams to drive quality to the left and enable full CI/CD deployments by leveraging the solutions you’ve built. You’ll have unique opportunity to define strategies and roadmaps for the org in how to apply test automation techniques for voice-user-interface products.
Key job responsibilities
• Development of the testing platform that is used by Setup & Discovery, and partner teams in the development, testing, and validation of the AVS features features.
• Collaborating with development teams and your team peers to identify and prioritize opportunities for automation.
• Define and gather the necessary metrics to collect across deployment pipelines to make the production release more predictable
• Define tasks, priorities, methods of measurement and track their execution across work streams
• Work closely with engineering teams and designers to deliver automation and tooling to support continuous deployment of Setup & Discovery features across multiple Alexa Built-In products.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
5+ years professional experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
4+ years of experience creating architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) for new and current systems
Experience in designing and building automation frameworks and/or tools with at least one modern language such as Java, C#, C++, or Python, including object-oriented design
Experience influencing development and QA best practices, methodologies, and processes within your team.
Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Ability to operate at architecture and code level in order to identify and address test-ability issues
Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
* Experience in working directly with product development teams on CI/CD initiatives.
Experience using AWS technology
* Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment