Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Lightsail is hiring! Have you been dreaming of building and owning web services with talented software developers? Do you like working with data and making data-driven decisions? Do you have a passion for people management and mentorship? Come join the Amazon Lightsail team!
Lightsail is an AWS service that redefines the AWS experience for developers. It is the easiest way to get started with AWS, enabling developers to easily get their cloud stacks up and running in seconds. Lightsail does the hard work on behalf of customers, allowing them to focus on the things that matter most to them: their code, their content, their business.
Key job responsibilities
As a manager of the Lightsail team, your responsibilities will include:
• Designing and developing highly reliable and scalable distributed systems, and working with various AWS builder tools
• Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget, and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Working with team members to manage the day-to-day development and engineering activities, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation
• Engaging and working with product managers, external customers, and dependencies to ensure the quality delivery
• Articulating technical challenges and solutions
• Hiring, mentoring, developing engineers, and maintaining their work-life balance
An ideal candidate is passionate for optimizing the software development experience at a very large scale in a cloud-based computing environment. You are a leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and lead your team through ambiguity.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Object-oriented design and coding skills (Java, Go preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
Knowledge of Python and statistical/ML packages (numpy, pandas, Keras, PyTorch, etc.)
Experience in optimization, constrained optimization Basic probability and statistics (basic t-tests, estimation, prediction)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.