Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Job Location: Candidate can opt for Austin, New York, Los Angeles, Arlington VA, Nashville or Seattle
Love food? Interested in shaping the grocery offering of Amazon Fresh? At Amazon Fresh, we are pioneering the next generation of customer services, offering ultra-fast delivery on fresh grocery, household essentials, and the best of Amazon.com.
Amazon’s Grocery distributors team is seeking an exceptional Distributor Manager with experience in vendor management, supply chain management or inventory/business analysis for Amazon Fresh business. In order to be successful in this position, you need to be comfortable driving business decisions in an ambiguous work environment, and interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. The person will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. This role will include a mix of long-term strategic projects and short-term tactical tasks.
Senior Distributor Managers at Amazon own relationship with distributors across categories. Senior Distributor Managers continuously optimize operational performance metrics, and drive process automation and are responsible for inventory health. In this role, you will build strong partnerships with category management, merchandising and operations teams to drive toward common goals.
Key job responsibilities
• Analyzing inventory position to determine liability, determine exit strategy for unproductive inventory and drive FCF programs to reduce defects with distributors.
• Working with distributors to prioritize customer experience by improving the supply chain, reducing defects, and driving efficiencies
• Building long-term relationships, working on terms and engaging distributors’ participation in Amazon programs
• Identifying automation opportunities, improving non-automated processes, and building to scale. Influence technical teams to drive adoption of standards, manage inventory, inventory health, item-level forecasting, assortment planning
• Developing plans that drive revenue and margin improvement with distributors
• Build the tech roadmap with distributors and drive implementation of tech initiatives to improve forecasting, buying, reporting and operations processes
• Building and maintaining knowledge management tools
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of professional or military experience
- 5+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel
• Superior analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to dive in and quickly understand root cause
• Excellent business judgment and strong written and oral communication skills
• 5+ years of experience using analytical tools including Microsoft Excel and SQL
• Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership
• MBA with a quantitative focus, or advanced degrees in Operations Management, Mathematics/Engineering
• Strong numerical and analytical aptitude, and high proficiency creating and managing advanced models
• Strong proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software
• Experience with process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
• Curiosity to dig several layers deep into metrics, have an innate desire to understand key drivers and whether they are the correct or best metrics to measure/manage a business or process
• Ability to influence cross-functional teams
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects – work prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Innovative and self-directed
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.