Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Data Transfer Finance team. AWS is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost cloud infrastructure platform that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Amazon has a strong culture of data-driven decision making that requires timely, accurate, and actionable intelligence. We are looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who is passionate about using data to deliver valuable insights and influence decision-making.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will partner with Finance and Engineering teams to support the assignment of network infrastructure costs. In this role, you will drive the development of cost assignment methodologies and deliver new insights into the scaling drivers of network infrastructure. This is a highly visible role with tremendous growth potential and opportunity to make an impact. A successful candidate will rely on data to answer abstract questions and partner with the business to influence the future of cloud computing products.
Key job responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
• Build complex financial models and analytical tools to support the development, controllership and validation of the cost assignment process.
• Develop new cost assignment methodologies and adapt existing processes to keep pace with rapidly evolving cloud infrastructure.
• Partner with AWS services (e.g. Compute, Storage & Edge) and infrastructure teams to drive network cost optimization initiatives.
• Drive controllership of the monthly close process to ensure data quality, track financial metrics, analyze variances, identify key business drivers and communicate findings to senior management and service teams.
• Drive scalability and automation projects. Partner with system teams to clearly define project requirements and implement process enhancements.
• Continuously sharpen your skillset by learning and maintaining knowledge of existing and emerging data sets owned by teams across AWS for capacity planning, procurement, infrastructure management and financial reporting.
This role requires a self-starter with an excellent financial modeling background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. This role has regular interaction with various stakeholders and requires excellent communication skills.
• 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or related field.
• Advanced Excel skills with experience developing complex financial models.
• MBA or Master’s in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent preferred.
• Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy.
• Strong business and finance partner experience working with multiple stakeholders.
• Experience with Cognos TM1, or similar financial systems.
• Experience with SQL and data warehouse.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.