Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Ever wondered how Amazon offers the Earth’s biggest selection and still manages to offer lower prices every day to our customers? Our business teams work with a massive array of sellers and business financial performance metrics to expand selection and drive costs lower. Given the rapid growth of our business, this requires our category leaders, financial analysts, site merchandisers and vendor managers to quickly analyze sellers, categories and brands, diving deep into data showing business efficiency down to the unit sale level. The technology that enables this has huge visibility and impact and is critical to Amazon’s continued profitability and growth.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an environment where you can drive innovation. If you want to apply state-of-the-art software technologies to solve real world problems. If you want the satisfaction of providing visible benefit to end-users in an iterative fast paced environment, this is your opportunity. The responsibilities of this role will be key in paving the future of Amazon Consumer and transforming how we do business.
You will be part of a team of creative, top-notch software developers to work hard, have fun, and make history. Engineers at Amazon are more than just order takers; they see a problem and leverage innovative technology to address it. You will be working with presenting and visualizing large data sets, well beyond the scalability limits of conventional relational databases, and surface insights to help plan, grow, and optimize Amazon’s business. We’re looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take “no” for an answer.
Our team is within the Selling Partner Services org, and develops sophisticated tools for the Amazon Consumer businesses, supporting deep dive analysis, vendor negotiations and business planning towards enhancement at the bottom line. We also provide financial and operational reports to Amazon sellers worldwide.
Key job responsibilities
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture/design/working software solutions by working with PM, UX designers, and customers.
- Designing and developing software products that impact many areas of our business
- Code and test system components; participate in code and design reviews.
- Demonstrate ownership of end-to-end code quality, system tests, functional tests, and integration.
- Partner/Collaborate across teams/roles to deliver results.
- Be responsible for overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Mentor other engineers, define the technical culture, and help grow the team.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of professional non-internship software development experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Demonstrated strength in full stack development
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with all aspects of the full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Dynamo, etc.)
- Understands software engineering best practices (e.g. automated pipelines, Operational Excellence, Information Security)
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers on best practices
- Experience with application integration via APIs/REST
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.