Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
This role is for an engineer in the Machine Learning Optimization (MLO) team for the Amazon Demand-Side-Platform (DSP). Amazon DSP is an online advertising system that matches supply (advertising slots) with demand (advertising campaigns) for our advertisers. This is accomplished via real-time auctions for each advertising slot, where the winner shows their advertising campaign to the user. Amazon DSP operates at very large scale, handling billions of auctions and bids every day under tight latency constraints, analogous to high-frequency trading.
The MLO team is responsible for optimizing the performance of Amazon DSP, which means selecting the most relevant advert for each user to maximize the returns for our advertisers. This is done using Machine Learning (ML) to determine the best campaign and the optimal bid for every auction. The MLO team owns both offline and online aspects of DSP performance optimization, combining cutting-edge ML technologies (e.g. AWS SageMaker) with state-of-the-art ML techniques (e.g. Deep Learning).
As an engineer on the MLO team you will be involved in designing and developing ML-based software products. The individual in this role will have responsibility help define requirements, create software designs, implement code to these specifications, provide thorough unit and integration testing, and support products while deployed and used by our stakeholders. Your team will include ML scientists, data analysts, and other high performing engineers.
We’re looking for SDEs interested in AWS SageMaker, AWS Lambda, AWS EMR, Spark, PyTorch, and other AWS, big-data, and ML/DL technologies.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Scala, or Python
• Experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.